We are Hiring a Senior Bookkeeper
Do you love being a bookkeeper for interesting clients?
Looking for a great company and team to grow with?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. There is only 1 way to apply for our job.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest in this role. As soon as we receive your email, we will send an invitation to the next phase of our “New Team Member” selection process.
We are a personable and family-oriented bookkeeping firm located in Toronto, Ontario. We work with cool and creative clients like photographers, designers, PR & advertising folks as well as innovative technology developers and medical & health care clinics. Our clients love our work and enthusiasm for what we do. You will feel appreciated and valued while delivering impeccable service; fully supported by our awesome team.
We provide bookkeeping services for our small and medium sized business owners. Clients and their accountants depend on us to make sure they can rely on their books. Our passion is in preparing books that tell success stories and help point the way to more profit and growth. We are comfortable working remotely in the cloud with QuickBooks Online, 3rd Party Apps and integrations. You will also have the chance to visit clients and get virtual & in-person experience to super-charge your meeting and presentation skills. We love it all. Because we do a great job, we’re growing and are looking for another Rockstar Bookkeeper to add to our team.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in the role, you must be someone who really enjoys doing all of the important bookkeeper tasks our clients trust us with, such as:
Filing Government Returns & Remittances, Account Reconciliations, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Month-end Wrap up, Reporting, answering client questions and making sure their books are in great shape at all times.
To do the above for this role, we are looking for some specific software experience. You’ll need to be skilled in the tools of the trade: Advanced Experience with QuickBooks Online and/or QuickBooks Desktop Edition and Excel. Just as important, you’ll need excellent communications and project management skills, impeccable attention to detail, extraordinary time management ability, a can-do attitude, and love helping businesses succeed.
2 years experience with a QuickBooks Product is mandatory and experience with Apps such as Hubdoc, QB Time (T-Sheets), Dext (Receipt Bank), RBC PayEdge (WayPay), Expensify and Shopify would be a definite asset. Preference will be given to those with experience working in a multi-client environment.
Our Environment and Culture
We understand how many hours in the day you spend at work and so want to make that time as enjoyable as possible. Yes, the work needs to get done, and our clients need to be looked after, but we believe that you can have fun at work. We have team success & training sessions, check-ins and answers to your questions are just a click away with Slack.
Our compensation is competitive and we do offer medical and dental benefits, but it is our support and strong relationships that makes us the place to be 🙂
About the Job:
- Full time (Monday to Friday, hours flexible as long as 11am-3pm Eastern are covered)
- Clients are located in the Greater Toronto Area, most work to be done from your home office
- We prefer candidates near Toronto who can travel for on-site visits but will consider strong candidates in other parts of Ontario or Canada
- Employee benefit plan (after 3 month probation is complete) and annual performance bonus
- You have a minimum of 5 years bookkeeping & account reconciliation experience
- You can communicate well in both verbal and written English
- You have a thorough understanding of the accounting cycle, including A/R, A/P, Payroll, Reconciliations, Trial Balance, Financial Statements and year end procedures
- You are computer proficient with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) & Adobe/PDF editors
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in QuickBooks Desktop and/or QuickBooks Online
- You can complete CRA and other government forms (GST/HST, T4s, ROEs, WSIB, EHT)
- You like to work independently with the support through Zoom, email, phone calls and Slack
- You have excellent customer service skills and are deadline oriented
- You can demonstrate timely and accurate data entry by passing a 2-3hr QBO skills & speed test
- You have college or university accounting/bookkeeping courses (a diploma or degree in accounting is preferred)
- You have strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail
Please pay attention to how we ask you to apply – only candidates who follow our instructions will be considered.